Furniture restoration specialists in Sheffield
Restore wooden furniture to its initial glory
Do you want to get your broken furniture restructured? Or do you want to get your family heirloom fixed? Contact John Collins Cabinetmaker in Sheffield. From basic furniture repairs to complete redesigning, John can help you with all of it. He specialises in antique restoration and also provides reupholstering services.
Bespoke church furnishings and remodelling
Traditional woodwork and furniture services for churches and cathedrals
Get handcrafted choir stalls, baptismal fonts, altar sets, clergy chairs and other church furnishings custom-designed to suit your church interiors. John provides furniture restoration, remodelling and French polishing services. You can also contact him for religious carving and engraving services.
Traditional interior solutions
- Creation of church signs, noticeboards and carvings into pews
- Bespoke church furnishings — furniture, panelling and decor accessories — including choir stall, communion table and altar
- Religious carving
- Furniture remodelling
Bespoke and creative carving solutions
Woodcarving specialists in Sheffield
Whether you require a personalised wood carved furniture or decor accessory, John has got it all covered. John specialises in bespoke furniture making for homes and churches. As a City and Guilds Furniture qualified company, you can count on us for quality craftsmanship at affordable prices. We serve the Peak District and North Derbyshire.
Handcrafted woodwork and furniture
- Bespoke carving — traditional and modern woodcarving services
- Personalised fireplace, staircase, furniture, panelling and interior decor solutions
- Customisation of staircases — newel post carving
French Polishing – Expert shellac coating services in Sheffield
Restore furniture and woodwork with French polishing
Get your old furniture and wooden panelling to look new again with French polishing. French polishing is a wood finishing technique that creates a high gloss surface using shellac. Shellac adds to the lustre of the wooden surface, protects it from sunlight and humidity and increases the overall strength and durability. It also helps to cover up scratches and blemishes.
Benefits of using shellac
- Dust-proof and quick drying with velvety smooth finish
- Makes the surface resistant to wear and tear
- Increases the wood strength and durability
- The coating is resistant to shock from objects dropped on its surface
- Can be used as a sealant on porous objects
Bespoke furniture solutions
Personalise your home with handcrafted furniture
Do you want a study table that exactly fits the space available in your room? Or do you want a custom-designed coffee table for your living room? Contact John Collins Cabinetmaker today. From chairs and desks to cabinets and decorative carvings, John will be happy to make furniture according to your specifications. He also makes furniture for churches and cathedrals.
As a City and Guilds Furniture qualified company, you can expect quality craftsmanship that is good value for your money. Browse through some of our furniture on sale.